Secretary to Judge
||11 August 2015
||31 December 2015|
at midnight Central European Time (CET)
Deadline for applications : 4 April 2013
Post title : Proofreading Assistant (part-time; until 31 August 2014; coverage for special leave without pay)
Grade : GS-5
Reference : 2013/2
Duty Station : International Court of Justice, The Hague, Netherlands
Organizational Unit : Text Processing and Reproduction Division
Indicative minimum net annual remuneration : 18,845.50
Under the supervision of the Head of the Text Processing and Reproduction Division, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- assisting with the proofreading of judicial, diplomatic and administrative documents and correspondence of the Court, checking grammar, syntax, accuracy, clarity, punctuation and spelling in accordance with Registry guidelines;
- checking the concordance of the text with the other language version to ensure typographical and substantive conformity;
- checking the "en regard" make-up of the texts;
- checking citations and references;
- finalizing documents for reproduction;
- performing any other duties as assigned by the Head of Division.
Qualifications and skills:
- Education: Completed secondary education.
- Experience: At least two years’ proofreading experience; work experience in an international organization or international company desirable; thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word (preferably 2010).
- Languages: Perfect command of English and excellent knowledge of French.
- Skills: Professional attitude, good communication and organizational skills, ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment essential, also ability to work under pressure and with complete discretion.
Depending on professional background, experience and family situation, a competitive compensation and benefits package is offered.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to complete a United Nations Personal History Form (P.11) and to submit a cover letter.
They are strongly encouraged to send their application by e mail, addressed to the Registrar of the Court, clearly indicating the vacancy announcement number.
Fax: +31 70 364 99 28
Only applications from candidates under serious consideration will be acknowledged.
The Registrar reserves the right not to appoint any candidate to the post, or to appoint one at a lower level or on the basis of a modified description. Applications that are found by the Court to meet the above criteria may be added to a reserve list in case a similar vacancy arises in the future.