Secretary to Judge
||16 January 2015
||31 March 2015|
at midnight Central European Time (CET)
Deadline for applications : 8 February 2013
Post title : Text Processing Assistant (perfect command of English)
Grade : GS-4
Reference : 2013-1
Duty Station : International Court of Justice, The Hague, Netherlands
Organizational Unit : Text Processing and Reproduction Division
Indicative minimum net annual remuneration : 33,656
Under the supervision of the Head of the Division, the incumbent:
- Accurately transcribes verbatim records during Court hearings, within a strict time frame, via DAR (Digital Audio Recording); assembles and finalizes original verbatim records and their translations;
- Types, formats and corrects judicial, diplomatic and administrative documents, as well as correspondence, strictly following editorial guidelines used at the Court;
- Inserts corrections made by translators and revisers to all types of documents;
- Replaces administrative assistants of senior Registry officials when necessary.
Qualifications and skills:
- Completed secondary education.
- At least three years experience of Microsoft Word (preferably 2010);
- work experience with an international organization or international company desirable.
- Perfect command of English and very good practical knowledge of French.
- Professional attitude, good communication and organizational skills, ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment essential, as is ability to work under pressure and with complete discretion.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE
DEADLINE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Depending on professional background, experience and family situation, a competitive compensation and benefit package is offered.
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to complete a United Nations Personal History Form (P.11) and to submit a cover letter.
They are strongly encouraged to send their application by e mail, addressed to the Registrar of the Court, clearly indicating the vacancy announcement number.
Fax: +31 70 364 99 28
Only applications from candidates under serious consideration will be acknowledged.
The Registrar reserves the right not to appoint any candidate to the post, or to appoint one at a lower level or on the basis of a modified description. Applications that are found by the Court to meet the above criteria may be added to a reserve list in case a similar vacancy arises in the future.